Uncover the secrets of the natural wonderland that is the South Island on this excellent sample self drive holiday.
Starting in Christchurch, travel through stunning coastal, glacial & mountainous scenery and finish your journey in Dunedin for a little taste of Scotland.
- Whale watching & amazing seafood at Kaikoura
- Wine tasting in Marlborough
- The golden beaches of Abel Tasman National Park
- Awe-inspiring Franz Josef glacier
- Enjoy the silent beauty of Milford Sound on overnight cruise
Can't wait to begin your South Island holiday? Simply call us today for more information.
From £3,595 per person
- International flights from the UK
- Arrival transfer
- Hire car - compact automatic
- 4 - 5 star accommodation
- 7 breakfasts & 2 dinnners
All our tailor-made holidays are designed specially for you. Simply email us to find out more!
Day 1 - 2 Christchurch
- Explore the pop up shops & cafes set up by enterprising locals
- Take a trip to former French settlement Akaroa
Day 3 Kaikoura
- Venture onto the water for whale watching
Day 4 - 5 Blenheim
- Sample wine in the world famous Marlborough region
Day 6 - 7 Nelson
- Discover the beautiful beaches and coastline in Abel Tasman National Park
- Visit the quirky Museum of Wearable Art
Day 8 Punakaiki
- See the 'pancake' rocks and blow holes
Day 9 - 10 Franz Josef
- Admire spectacular Franz Josef glacier
- Take a walk to the glacier face or a helicopter ride to see it from the air
Day 11 -12 Queenstown
- Travel through the stunning Southern Alps
- Enjoy the scenery from a lake cruise
Day 13 Milford Sound
- Experience the beauty and wildlife of dramatic Milford Sound overnight
Day 14 - 15 Dunedin
- Discover scottish heritage
- Explore the only castle in New Zealand -Larnach Castle
Day 16 Return to the UK
- Why not explore the North Island too?
Simply complete the enquiry form and we'll tailor-make the ideal itinerary for you.