This amazing journey should not be rushed and this 19 day holiday is the perfect way to experience the slow pace of rail travel and the unique way of life along the route.
- Take in the ancient traditions side by side with modern day China in Beijing
- Experience life on board the Trans-Mongolian Express
- Explore the little visited city of Ulaan Bataar
- Enjoy the scenery of Lake Baikal
- Travel overland to Europe from Asia
- Discover Moscow and St Petersburg
Ready to get started? Simply send a quick enquiry.
From £3,259 per person
- International flights from the UK
- All transport between destinations and included activities
- All accommodation incl. 5 nights - train & 2 nights - mongolian ger
- 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
- Group leader, local guides and most entrance fees
- Maximum group size of 16 people
Like what you see? Email us today and we'll call you straight back!
Day 1 Arrive in Beijing
- Why not spend a few days here before your journey begins?
Day 2 On the train to Ulaanbaatar
- Admire the impressive scenery of the Great Wall as you pass
- Witness the changing of the bogies (wheels) at Erlian
Day 3 - 5 Ulaan Bataar and Gorkhi Terelj National Park
- Experience a real Mongolian Barbeque
- Stay in a traditional ger camp
- Explore the Gandan Monastery
- Board the train for Irkutsk
Day 7 - 9 Irkutsk & Listvyanka
- Discover Lake Baikal, the worlds oldest and deepest lake on foot or by boat
- Enjoy a sauna Russian-style (known as a 'banya')
Day 10 - 11 On board
- Experience train-life - buy homemade food from babushkas, watch the world go by and meet your fellow passengers.
Day 12 - 13 Yekaterinburg
- Visit the Church of All Saints on Spilled Blood and the Black Tulip monument
- Board the train and cross into Europe
Day 14 - 16 Moscow
- Admire Red Square and St Basil's Cathedral
- Visit Lenin Mausoleum
- Explore the Kremlin
Day 17 - 18 St Petersburg
- Discover the 'Venice of Russia'
- Admire the art collection at the Hermitage Museum
Day 19 Return to the UK
Enthralled by this epic adventure? Call us today to find out more!